LifeLock promo code “DEFENSE” gives consumers affordable ID theft protection
Statistics illustrate the importance of ID theft protection measures, and the benefit of using the LifeLock Promo code “DEFENSE” when proactively protecting ourselves from ID theft. Consumer debt decreased 13% between February 2009 and February 2010, according to a Federal Reserve report of April 10. And last year, incidences of identity theft increased 11%, according to a report from Javelin Strategy and Research.
Using the LifeLock Promo Code “DEFENSE” saves new members 10% on their annual fees, allowing them to pay only $99 for annual membership; or consumers who prefer to make monthly payments will pay only $9 a month. It’s not hard to see the savings.
It might be easy for some people to dismiss ID theft as something that happens to other people. However, no matter how proactive we are about shredding our mail, locking our mailbox and deleting suspicious emails, the truth is that our personally identifying information (PII) is held by businesses and government agencies that don’t always have the skills or conscience to safeguard it responsibly.
- Does your employer conduct national background checks on all employees?
- Do the small companies and corporations who have your PII encrypt all computer records where your PII is stored?
- Do they send you correspondence containing your Social Security number?
- Apply the latest firewalls and anti-spyware to their computers and update them routinely?
- Have they recently laid off employees who might have stolen company records?
- Are there now fewer employees covering more responsibilities with less security resources or training?
Truthfully, we often don’t know the answers to these questions, but they pose tremendous risks to our PII.