If you own your own business, you know how tough it can be to keep your day-to-day operation costs down. It seems there’s always something popping up. Those unexpected costs can really eat up your bottom line.
But what if your company experiences a data breach? Now you’ve got legal issues, and the added cost of making sure your customers are protected. How are you going to deal with this added expense?
The answer is to take steps to be sure it never happens in the first place. Whether you are responding to a data breach, or looking to expand your employee benefits offerings or looking for a new revenue stream for your business, it makes sense to sign up for LifeLock® Breach Services. LifeLock® identity theft protection is a great investment for businesses of all sizes, and can help protect your customers and employees.
Not only can you lose money from a data breach, but your business can lose its good reputation in the community. LifeLock® Breach Services can quickly restore public confidence and help you avoid unnecessary costs. When you sign up, you’ll get fast response from LifeLock®, and a dedicated representative to work with you.
You’ll also get communications management, including notifications that are required by state and federal law and relevant banks or credit card issuers. Your affected customers can get a LifeLock® membership to help protect them.
Even after the incident, LifeLock® will provide you with reports and ongoing information about enrollments and fraud incidents, as well as ongoing support to help prevent any future incidents.
Things you can do yourself to help protect yourself include:
• Take inventory and know who has access to personnel and customer information in your system.
• Implement physical and electronic security methods, as well as employee training, to keep data safe.
• Remove peer-to-peer software and deny access to file sharing sites from company computers.
• Use shredders and wipe decommissioned electronic devices.
• Establish an identity theft protection team to help bolster your efforts.